Dedicated and Partner Interconnect provide a higher level of service that Cloud VPN and greater throughout. This is the enterprise grade solution.
Choosing a Network Connectivity product provides further details on each of the services described below.
There are two flavours of Cloud Interconnect: Dedicated over Good fibre or Partner via a service provider.
The other types of peering: Direct and Carrier, are for accessing Google services only such as Google APIs or other public services such as YouTube.
- 802.1Q VLAN connection on Google dedicated fiber
- Direct physical connection between GCP and customer datacenter
- Co-Lo connectivity requires connection to a Google colocation facility
- Customer must provide their own routing equipment at the colocation facility i.e. no Google supplied CPE
- Supported connection types
10-Gbps 10GBASE-LR (1310 nm
) single mode fiber
100-Gbps 100GBASE-LR4 single mode fiber(max length = 10km, otherwise use DWDM)
- IPv4 Link local addressing
- The connection is between the customer datacenter equipment and a GCP Cloud Router
- Routing is by BGP
- SLAs of
99.9% and 99.99%available
- 802.1Q VLAN connection over partner circuit
- Connect GCP VPC to datacenter through a supported service provider
- Service provider already has a connection to a GCP colo facility
- The Interconnect at the service provider is shared with other customers
- Customer connects to service provider POP instead of directly with Google
- Routing is through BGP
- L2: BGP from GCP Cloud Router -> Customer Datacenter
- L3: BGP from GCP Cloud Router -> Service Provider edge router
- SLAs of 99.9% and 99.99% available
- Dedicated connection for Google public services such as YouTube and Google Public APIs
- Shared connection for Google public services such as YouTube and Google Public APIs